Hours: 15 to 25 hours per week
Location: Aztec Centre, Aztec West, Bristol or home based
Formed in 2008, Carterwood offers market leading advice, redefining the role of the traditional consultant by incorporating high quality data with expert sector-specialist knowledge in health & social care.
We provide solution-focused commercial due diligence as well as handling the sale and acquisition of property and businesses throughout the UK in the health & social care sector. This is across elderly specialist care and older people’s housing areas.
As part of our growth plans there is an exciting opportunity for a flexible and resourceful individual to join the team as an associate surveyor on a part time basis and take on responsibility for technical proof reading across the business.
We’re proud to have picked up many awards over the years. These not only reflect what we do, but how we do it. Recognised for its bespoke, personal and specialist service, Carterwood was named ‘Property consultants of the year – property services’ at the prestigious HealthInvestor Awards 2016 and 2017. We were also honoured as one of the ‘Best places to work in property’, at the national Property Week awards 2018, and later in the year crowned winner of the medium business category in South Gloucestershire’s ‘happiest workplace awards.’
As part of our growth plans there is an exciting opportunity for a flexible and resourceful individual to join the team and take on responsibility for technical proof reading across the business.
- The successful candidate’s responsibilities may include:
- Proof reading internal and external documents, reports, correspondence, emails, etc. for the consultancy, agency and senior management teams;
- Checking and challenging documents as part of a quality assurance process;
- Assisting with research, e.g. fee enquiries;
- May include preparation of sequential test (alternative site assessment) reports and planning needs assessments for clients;
- Reading and summarising leases;
- Reading and summarising legal titles;
- Assisting in the fee quotation process;
- Monitoring regulatory compliance for the company, e.g. RICS, legal, RICS Valuation Professional Standards, RICS Annual Company Return, surveyors’ CPD, terms of engagement and business, anti-money laundering regulations procedure, conflicts of interests procedure, etc. Only applicable to RICS qualified candidates;
- Provide appropriate training to other staff members as required to increase knowledge of property and/or planning issues.
- The candidate will report to the head of operations on a day-to-day basis, with regular one to ones – where required, these can take place remotely;
- Due to the wide range of work and bespoke advice provided within the organisation, there is a fluid reporting structure, with potential crossover between various areas of the business.
- Chartered surveyor (MRICS or FRICS) or RTPI
- Enthusiastic and personable, works well within a team;
- Ambitious, with a flexible approach to ensure that deadlines are met in a fast-paced working environment;
- Ability to accept constructive feedback;
- Ability to take responsibility for actions taken;
- Conscientious approach to work;
- Adaptable and keen to initiate and adapt to change;
- High level of common sense;
- Passion for detail and able to produce accurate work quickly;
- Produces high quality work even when working under pressure.
- 25 days holiday per year on a full-time basis (pro rata for part-time);
- Birthday off work (discretionary);
- Free fruit at the office;
- Pension scheme;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Annual flu vaccination;
- Free eye tests;
- On-site parking;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Summer and Christmas events;
- 1.5 hours per week leisure time;
- A commitment to wellness at work.
- HealthInvestor awards winner 2016;
- Estates Gazette awards finalist 2016;
- HealthInvestor awards winner 2017;
- LaingBuisson awards finalist 2017;
- Best Places to Work in Property finalist 2018 – category winners for Leadership & Planning and Relationship with Supervisor awards;
- HealthInvestor awards finalist 2018;
- 2018 South Gloucestershire Happiest Workplace Medium Business winner.
Are you interested?
If this role has caught your eye and you would like to find out more details about this position, then we’d love to hear from you. Please call us for an informal discussion on 08458 690777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing us with your details and the best time to contact you.
Carterwood is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality or sexual orientation. All applications for employment will be considered on the basis of merit.
This job description should not be taken as constituting conditions of employment.
No agencies please.