Our 2018 planned supply research project comprised a comprehensive study of all elderly care home and older people’s housing future supply across the UK since 2015. Our aim was to build a dataset to reflect the UK’s development pipeline for elderly care and to assess significant trends and conclusions.
Our 2019 research provides up-to-date information, including:
- The overall quality of provision in the UK care home market;
- Examination of which regions are the most active in terms of new care home development –
and how this has changed over the last 3–4 years;
- Updated information on average scheme size;
- Identification of which developers and operators are most active in submitting applications
for new provision;
- Assessment of achievable fee rates across the country and the variations in these rates as a result
of fluctuating asset quality.
A brief summary is available to download below.