Guide Price: Offers invited
Development site with detailed planning permission for a retirement community
- Opportunity to acquire the former stately home and grounds of Sir Alfred Bird’s former residence, with the benefit of planning permission to develop a retirement community.
- The site is set within over 5 acres of stunning mature grounds and is highly accessible with complementary adjoining uses. It is also close to major retail hubs, railway station and the hospital.
- Our client has acquired detailed planning permission to convert the existing Grade II* listed Tudor Grange House and surrounding grounds to create 44 assisted living units and a 64-bed care home.
- The majority of the catchment area is characterised by house prices well in excess of the national average, reflecting the potential for a prospective purchaser to achieve strong average fee rates for both nursing and residential care and premium sales rates for the retirement units.
- The site may be suitable for an alternative scheme, e.g. change of use of the care home element of the proposed scheme into additional retirement units, subject to obtaining the necessary planning permission.