Since uncovering a wealth of information regarding the UK’s care home and retirement living planning pipeline during our 2018 planning research project, our researchers have been busy adding daily updates to our UK-wide dataset, and we’re excited to share some additional new findings with you for 2019.
We are delighted to launch this new research at the LaingBuisson Social Care Conference in London on 15 May 2019. Amanda Nurse and Tom Hartley will be presenting their ‘Key property trends in care home development’ at 2:35 pm in the Flourish Suite.
Key points of interest arising from our 2018 research included:
- The current and upcoming supply of care home and retirement living stock that meets market expectations;
- The top 20 operators’ impact on this supply;
- Average time taken by region for submitted applications to reach a decision;
- The percentage of those applications granted that were consequently developed.
Our 2019 research provides up-to-date information, including:
- The overall quality of provision in the UK care home market;
- Examination of which regions are the most active in terms of new care home development – and how this has changed over the last 3–4 years;
- Updated information on average scheme size;
- Identification of which developers and operators are most active in submitting applications for new provision;
- Assessment of achievable fee rates across the country and the variations in these rates as a result of fluctuating asset quality.
We think you’ll find our new research interesting. It’s the result of over 2,000 hours of research spanning 4 years’ worth of data, and we can’t wait to share it with you. If you would like more information about our planning application research, or to find out how we can help you with future development projects, come and find us at Stand 6 at the LaingBuisson Social Care Conference on the 15 May. Alternatively, contact Tom Hartley via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
on 08458 690777.